Heh. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 23, 2018, 11:06 (2381 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Two weeks in a row, that grenade launcher killed everybody.

This is a reasonable criticism. I don't think I've ever seen this happen, personally... but most people who've done the raid a lot have experienced that death (just usually not with all of their teammates). It's really easy to get caught up in trying to do max damage, and forget to pay attention to his shift in stance. (Especially since he shifts in stance at the 50% mark, in a SAFE way; I've found myself reacting to that, then getting mad at myself for wasting some of the damage time, and missing the next one, almost out of spite.)

Regardless, I was astounded by the 'stab Calus to death, by myself, successfully' result in this movie.

Yeah, it's easy to fall into a "damage" state and try to take off as much health as you can—you noticed everybody in the video kept saying "Keep shooting him, keep shooting him", and nobody thought to call out the incoming shot(although interestingly the very first thing heard in the video is "Move"!), I'm guessing because of how close Calus was.

Not having been to full Calus before, I was GOING to compare a scenario like this to Vosik with the TV's and/or cooking rooms, but it's a lot more accurate to compare this with Atheon. I can't tell you how many people we've lost--myself and relic holders included--that got distracted trying to kill him and ended up insta-dead when that shield disappeared!

...god, I miss him.

That's a hell of an accomplishment considering Hunter melees are slightly weaker than other classes. Anyone wanna place bets on what the next last Guardian will use against the odds? lol

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread