I'm excited and a bit nervous at the same time (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 06:04 (2235 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like a lot of what they're saying/showing. The fact that they're balancing "up" instead of down (not that this is always the best way to go, but I think in D2's case it makes sense). The increased speed sounds great, too. Should help make the game feel snappier and more exciting.

The increased super power and recharge speed has me worried about the PvP side. I thought D1's crucible was a bit of a trainwreck due to all the super spam, and I'm not crazy about seeing D2 return to that. But maybe the increased mobility will help counter them better. Should be great for PvE too.

Heavy and special ammo kept supers in check for Destiny I think. But that was when we had two slots capable of shutting down a super in one shot.

I'm okay with this. We now have 1 slot that shuts down supers in 1 shot and 1 slot that shuts down supers if you have 2 people and suck :-)

Mind you, guns are going to be much less effective now against supers cause good luck hitting them at this speed. However, it will be easier to run away maybe?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread