Apertureing Destiny: Week 7 - The One About Going Fast (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 22:35 (2377 days ago)

Welcome to Week 7 of Apertureing Destiny. Last week, no one responded with engrams rolling off cliffs or getting the exact drop from an Engram they’d been hoping for all year. I knew it’d be a tough topic... but, yeah...

This week, in honor of the latest update to Destiny, our topic is: Go Fast. Post a video or photo of your Guardian benefiting from or suffering under Destiny 2’s new, more speedy rule set.

Remember:

• Don’t worry too much about nailing a topic exactly. Go with your gut and give us something cool to see!
  • Want to just toss in something fitting with no context or explanation? That’s perfectly fine!
  • Want to describe your video or image, or link it up with a story of why you took it or what inspired it? That’d be awesome!
  • This is totally meant to be a DBO community driven event, so if you have a suggestion for a theme or topic toss it a reply and we’ll put it on a running list and get to it in short order. Next week, we’ll be returning to a suggestion from Dame117, but very soon the weekly topic could be your suggestion!

I’ll probably post a couple of times as I play a bit more, but for now here’s a nice comeback win that shows off things like the slightly decreased time to kill, picking up your own heavy ammo, why I still run a 0/10/7 Titan, and what not to do when you hear someone fire a Void Teather nearby...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/46769181

Apertureing Destiny: Week 7 - The One About Going Fast

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 21:36 (2376 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Spent about an hour tonight trying out my Hunter. Natela Tayama Murk always had a strong affinity for Arc energy, but whether it was her grief at the loss of her sister or some sort of recuperation period after losing her Light, she has only now begun to master the art of the Arc Staff that has become a favored combat technique among Hunters.

In general, my Hunter at 7 mobility feels a bit quicker on her feet than before. Staffing is a bit better and dodging seems slightly more effective. I feel like I can disengage pretty readily. But the biggest change is the improvements to Arc Staff. Before, there was a very noticeable delay between some actions. Dodging seemed to lock you out of moving and maybe even attacking for a moment, for instance. That delay has been all but removed. Where before I felt pretty stuck when using Arc Staff, I have now dodged and swirled my way into rooms full of enemy Guardians and gotten far more kills than I expected to. I’m not invincible, but beyond some serious bad luck, I am very powerful even in somewhat dire situations.

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:21 (2375 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sorry I didnt submit anything for last week. I have had moments where I have chased an engram quite a distance as it rolled down hills, but I didnt have anything saved that would have fit the bill.

I'm not sure I can get one in for this week either. I haven't been on much. Just downloaded the update last night but I still have a bunch of stuff I need to take care of before I leave Saturday for 2 weeks.

On that note, what do you think about pre-announcing the theme for the upcoming week from now on as well? I usually have a pretty open schedule that allows me to get on D2 regularly, but at times stuff happens like right now where I have limited or no access for a couple weeks. Several others in the community face time constraints due to work, family and other life obligations too.

Thank you for your time commitment in running this ongoing Apertureing Destiny activity :)

If you haven’t tried the Tractor Cannon...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 29, 2018, 16:24 (2375 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You should O_o

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/NevinDouglas/video/46897646

Man, I wish I could take this thing into the Abyss, lol

Awesome :)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, March 29, 2018, 16:43 (2375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

If you haven’t tried the Tractor Cannon...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 29, 2018, 18:16 (2375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You should O_o

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/NevinDouglas/video/46897646

Man, I wish I could take this thing into the Abyss, lol

I wish it regen'd ammo so that the fun would never end. ;_; It's too much fun.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, April 02, 2018, 12:18 (2371 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The Go Fast update has generally made it more difficult to snipe, especially since enemy players tend to be more aggressive now.

Every once in a while, though, the sight-lines match up with a fresh batch of Heavy Ammo for some of those Sniper ammo buffs to kick in:

I feel like I have every exotic but that one...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, April 04, 2018, 15:58 (2369 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread