Apertureing Destiny: Week 7 - The One About Going Fast (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 21:36 (2376 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Spent about an hour tonight trying out my Hunter. Natela Tayama Murk always had a strong affinity for Arc energy, but whether it was her grief at the loss of her sister or some sort of recuperation period after losing her Light, she has only now begun to master the art of the Arc Staff that has become a favored combat technique among Hunters.

In general, my Hunter at 7 mobility feels a bit quicker on her feet than before. Staffing is a bit better and dodging seems slightly more effective. I feel like I can disengage pretty readily. But the biggest change is the improvements to Arc Staff. Before, there was a very noticeable delay between some actions. Dodging seemed to lock you out of moving and maybe even attacking for a moment, for instance. That delay has been all but removed. Where before I felt pretty stuck when using Arc Staff, I have now dodged and swirled my way into rooms full of enemy Guardians and gotten far more kills than I expected to. I’m not invincible, but beyond some serious bad luck, I am very powerful even in somewhat dire situations.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread