The grass is always greener . . . (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 19, 2018, 20:29 (2354 days ago)

I've been itching to play Destiny 2 for the past few days. I really wanted to go through the campaign again. I vaulted my gear and deleted my PS4 Hunter last night. After playing far enough to get my light back, I remembered that Destiny 2 has a trail version that allows you to play through Titan, so I downloaded that on Xbox One.

This morning I started the game and imported my original Destiny characters. I started with my Hunter, my first ever created Destiny character. It sounds stupid, maybe, but I've never been connected to my characters on PS4. I know it's functionally the same, and that it doesn't really matter, but making the transition to PS4 from Xbox during D1 and losing all my achievements and gear in the process . . . I dunno. It always felt a bit off, and it was a bummer to start Destiny 2 and get basically nothing out of that initial animation that showed all the D1 things we did.

So it was neat to fire it up on Xbox One and see my real accomplishments. Like my first ever raid, Vault of Glass, led by Blackstar, who was supremely disappointed that someone ran ahead and unintentionally showed me the cheat for the jumping puzzle.

[image]

And man, does Destiny 2 look great on the Xbox One X. I was surprised, but native 4K is a noticeable improvement on PS4's checkerboarding.

God of War comes out in an hour, but once I've finished that, I think I'll finally bite the bullet and dive into Destiny 2 on Xbox One, if I can swallow spending another $90 on the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread