Watch this space... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 30, 2018, 15:21 (2240 days ago)

Bungie seems to be leading off Warmind with Lore!

As of now there are two short stories up. Sounds like more to come. Maybe a lot more? We’ll see!

“Rahool needs to get his head out of his engrams"

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 30, 2018, 15:52 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So say we all.

(Yay! Lore!)

Identity of Xol’s “Cursed One”

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 30, 2018, 16:30 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, April 30, 2018, 16:35

In the 2nd piece of lore, Xol, one of the five worm gods who turned Aurash‘s people into the Hive, has made a pact with a “child, whose name had been struck from the World’s Grave.”

Well...

The markings suggest this is a Hive god, but I don't recognize the symbol. Nothing in the World's Grave file either. The name is... Nokris.

The Hive may have invaded Mars before the moon

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 30, 2018, 17:05 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

F5.

However, there are indications that while that event may have been the Vanguard’s first engagement with the Hive, Earth’s Moon was not the first place the Hive made contact with Human settlements.

Why would this have happened? Our only source is J54987F122S, and if it is to be believed, an invasion of unknown biological entities, including one of massive size, was detected in the region immediately before the event.

What signs are point to is a 2nd group of Hive that may not have been under Oryx/Crota’s control buried themselves on Mars and are now waking up! We also have our first signs of infighting among the Hive’s worm gods:

And the five became three.

Really cool stuff so far pulling from the Books of Sorrow and from The Taken King. And more is promised for tomorrow!

Watch this space... indeed!

If you haven’t yet go check out this page!

Sounds like this forgotten child is probably on Mars

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, April 30, 2018, 17:43 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

The Hive may have invaded Mars before the moon

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, April 30, 2018, 20:06 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And it kind of sounds like Rasputin may have forced the climate change to kill/trap them.

Very cool!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 30, 2018, 17:16 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This stuff is neat.

The first one is interesting. Where did we first hear about Charlemagne? Was it only pre-release stuff for D1, or were there references in game? I like the way they're setting up the in-universe debate as to whether Charlemagne even exists. It's a nice way to sort of reconcile any sort of Destiny story/lore restructuring that may have happened. And I just think it's interesting--we (we, in-universe, as Guardians, humanity as a whole) don't really seem to have a clue what the Warminds really are, whether there are even Warminds plural, and not just the Warmind. The sort of lost civilization aspect of Destiny has always been really fascinating for me, and the more we delve into that, the happier I'll be.

I'm hoping the dawning of a new Golden Age from the Traveler re-awakening allows for more exploration of the first Golden Age.

New from Zavala

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 09:44 (2239 days ago) @ Ragashingo

F5.

Our Titan Vanguard thinks he has a way to contact Rasputin on Mars. Really good stuff! (Also, the Reef and the Prison of Elders still exists, apparently...)

Rasputin

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 10:42 (2239 days ago) @ Ragashingo

F5.

It looks like Rasputin detected the Hive beneath the ice and noted that the ice is being melted by an acasual source. So, Rasputin checks on his available war resources (including VOLUSPA and CHARLEMAGNE resources, what are those? VOLUSPA was mentioned by Rasputin back during the collapse as something he fought the Darkness with...it or they failed...)

Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION. Activate VOLUSPA. Activate YUGA. Cauterize public sources to SECURE ISIS and harden for defensive action.

Total strategic collapse imminent. FENRIR HEART reports complete operational mortality. SURTR DROWN in progress but negative effect. Forecasts unanimously predict terminal VOLUSPA failure.

So, now Rasputin is assuming control of the (local?) Warsats and is invoking AURORA PALISADE. Maybe activating its defenses at the Clovis Bray facility?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread