WARMIND (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, May 01, 2018, 21:16 (2247 days ago)

So here it is, Bungie's summary post describing what we're getting an when we'll get it in Warmind.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 00:08 (2247 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Armor:
[image]

[image]
Not a huge fan of the overall look, but thank goodness that it's not another set of toe shoes. And the chestpiece might look neat on a female hunter.

[image]
I kinda dig the hockey samurai look. And none of it is obnoxiously bulky (looking at you, Terra Concord set).

[image]
Personally, I'm tired of all Warlock helmets having a very samey style throughout Destiny 2. How many times do we need to have the same Precursor-inspired helmet? Mix it up!
At least the chestpiece and gauntlets look pretty sweet.

-------------------------------------------------------

Strike:

Insight Terminus

Zavala needs a team of Guardians to break into a Vex tomb on Nessus that has been overrun by the Cabal. Defeat the powerful Psion commander before he can take over the Vex gateway network and reap the rewards.

[image][image][image][image]

And the PS4 exclusives

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 06:13 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

It always makes me warm inside when the PS4 exclusive armor for the Titan looks absolutely terrible. I am however always bummed about the exclusive strike though :(

And the PS4 exclusives

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 16:46 (2247 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It always makes me warm inside when the PS4 exclusive armor for the Titan looks absolutely terrible.

Seriously...dude looks like a medieval hockey goalie.

Dat Hunter Chest tho

The Hunter Chest looks so much better than anything else on display there it's kind of weird.

And the PS4 exclusives

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 18:39 (2246 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

The Hunter Chest looks so much better than anything else on display there it's kind of weird.

That Hunter chest might be the best looking piece of gear in the entire game. I seriously love it.

it's sooooo good

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 22:03 (2246 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

And the PS4 exclusives

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 06:44 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

I like that Hunter armor quite a bit, especially the chest piece. I’m convinced they let a blind person design the Titan set, though. Warlock chest is alright, but you’re right, the helmet is boring and looks exactly like most of the other Warlock helmets.

And the PS4 exclusives

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 11:16 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

Armor:
[image]

[image]
Not a huge fan of the overall look, but thank goodness that it's not another set of toe shoes. And the chestpiece might look neat on a female hunter.

Hunter armor looks dope

[image]
I kinda dig the hockey samurai look. And none of it is obnoxiously bulky (looking at you, Terra Concord set).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[image]
Personally, I'm tired of all Warlock helmets having a very samey style throughout Destiny 2. How many times do we need to have the same Precursor-inspired helmet? Mix it up!

Just can never get behind the drapey symmetrical gown style. Agreed though, dope gauntlets

Strike:

Insight Terminus

Zavala needs a team of Guardians to break into a Vex tomb on Nessus that has been overrun by the Cabal. Defeat the powerful Psion commander before he can take over the Vex gateway network and reap the rewards.

Looks like a cool strike, it's a bummer that they lock content like this as an exclusive. I'm really curious about how many people actually were swayed to PS4 because of the exclusives. I in part picked up a PS4 because I thought for sure all my friends were getting Destiny on the PS4 as it was the lead SKU.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 11:38 (2247 days ago) @ kidtsunami

[image]

Hunter armor looks dope

It's weird. I've always disliked Hunter Armors in screenshots, but once I see it in-game, I'm often swayed otherwise, and I end up wearing a lot of the stuff that I thought looked awful at first (sometimes all it takes is a good shader).
I have a feeling that the boots and chestpiece will become my next defaults. Sure wish they'd bring back hood-less cloaks, though.

[image]

Just can never get behind the drapey symmetrical gown style. Agreed though, dope gauntlets

Heh, I only like the symmetrical gowns/dusters. Warlocks are all about looking good, and maintaining their gear properly, otherwise they look like bandits from the wastes. A raggedy homeless look is for the Hunters.

Strike:

Insight Terminus

Looks like a cool strike, it's a bummer that they lock content like this as an exclusive. I'm really curious about how many people actually were swayed to PS4 because of the exclusives. I in part picked up a PS4 because I thought for sure all my friends were getting Destiny on the PS4 as it was the lead SKU.

At this point, it's not about swaying anybody, I don't think. The contract with Sony is clearly for the long haul, so even if zero players get D3 on Playstation for the exclusives, it will still have year-long+ exclusives with every single DLC. Contracts are funny like that.

I just wish that the armor choices were more unique for the Warlock.

For all classes, really.
Imagine armors loosely based on a Playstation brand. Shadow Carja-style armor for the Warlocks, Kratos-inspired Titan Armor, or Hunter armor based on the Pilgrim from Journey...
Boy that would be neat.
But we don't even have some Activision-based crossover stuff, so that would be a pretty huge long-shot.

And the PS4 exclusives

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:08 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

Heh, I only like the symmetrical gowns/dusters. Warlocks are all about looking good, and maintaining their gear properly, otherwise they look like bandits from the wastes. A raggedy homeless look is for the Hunters

I liked looking like a bandit from the wastes! I miss the more cowboy duster looking stuff.

And the PS4 exclusives

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:14 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Hunter armor looks dope

It's weird. I've always disliked Hunter Armors in screenshots, but once I see it in-game, I'm often swayed otherwise, and I end up wearing a lot of the stuff that I thought looked awful at first (sometimes all it takes is a good shader).
I have a feeling that the boots and chestpiece will become my next defaults. Sure wish they'd bring back hood-less cloaks, though.

AMEN on hoodless cloaks. Frankly bring back the scarf....

[image]

Heh, I only like the symmetrical gowns/dusters. Warlocks are all about looking good, and maintaining their gear properly, otherwise they look like bandits from the wastes. A raggedy homeless look is for the Hunters.

My warlocks have gotten lost in the void too many times to care about such pageantry.

Strike:

Insight Terminus

At this point, it's not about swaying anybody, I don't think. The contract with Sony is clearly for the long haul, so even if zero players get D3 on Playstation for the exclusives, it will still have year-long+ exclusives with every single DLC. Contracts are funny like that.

Haha yeah, it's this bizarre obligation that they're just locked in.

I just wish that the armor choices were more unique for the Warlock.

For all classes, really.
Imagine armors loosely based on a Playstation brand. Shadow Carja-style armor for the Warlocks, Kratos-inspired Titan Armor, or Hunter armor based on the Pilgrim from Journey...
Boy that would be neat.

That would definitely get me more interested. Here are some more ideas:

• Aloy Hunter
  • Bloodbourne Warlock
  • Ratchet Titan and Clank Ghost

But we don't even have some Activision-based crossover stuff, so that would be a pretty huge long-shot.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 03, 2018, 09:16 (2246 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

I like all the armor, but especially the hunter. If someone has a good shot of the cloak, please share.

My kingdom for a photo mode.

... Hunter armor based on the Pilgrim from Journey...

I'd love that.

And the PS4 exclusives

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:06 (2247 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I didn’t switch to PS4 just because of Destiny, but it was a factor. Now it seems like all the activity is on Xbox, as far as DBOers on my friends list go anyway. I had 18 friends online on Xbox last night. Half of those were in D2. I had 4 friends online on PS4 at the same time. Two were playing Fortnite and two playing God of War. It’s been like that since I got an Xbox again two months ago.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:44 (2247 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 12:51

I didn’t switch to PS4 just because of Destiny, but it was a factor. Now it seems like all the activity is on Xbox, as far as DBOers on my friends list go anyway. I had 18 friends online on Xbox last night. Half of those were in D2. I had 4 friends online on PS4 at the same time. Two were playing Fortnite and two playing God of War. It’s been like that since I got an Xbox again two months ago.

Might have to do with how many of us on PS4 are pretty much "done" with D2 in terms of content, with the added bonus being that there's not much desire to play when you can't get a full group together (and the PS4 clan seemed to rely more on specific crews running together, most of which have moved on to different games). A handful of exclusives aren't going to keep us playing on their own, when it already feels like a lot of PS4 D2 has become a stale game of "going through the motions" for most of the clan.
I often feel like checking D2 out again, but I don't see anybody on it, so I usually don't bother, and I hop onto something else.

I think that's why I enjoy occasionally hopping on Xbox D2 (even though I don't feel like actually buying the game again). There's seemingly always a variety of folks who don't seem to have specific crews, so you can just do a bunch of different stuff, and since folks' gear isn't maxed out, there's always something for one or all to look forward to. I think that more than makes up for missing out on the exclusive stuff (though I feel partly naked playing Crucible without my Borealis, and will moreso after the exotic change).

I dunno. Hopefully the upcoming patch and DLC alleviates a lot of that.

And the PS4 exclusives

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 14:22 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

I often feel like checking D2 out again, but I don't see anybody on it, so I usually don't bother, and I hop onto something else.

I’m in the same boat. If you want to play, just send an invite, and I’ll switch over. I just don’t really care enough to be the one to try to initiate a session. I’ll gladly play with folks, but if no one else is playing, I’m just as happy to just play God of War or whatever else.

The higher player numbers (and the visual improvement, honestly) is a big part of the reason I keep nearly pulling the trigger on buying it again for Xbox One. I just keep hoping it will go on sale before I finally drop the $90 on it.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 03, 2018, 05:47 (2246 days ago) @ Korny

I think that's why I enjoy occasionally hopping on Xbox D2 (even though I don't feel like actually buying the game again). There's seemingly always a variety of folks who don't seem to have specific crews, so you can just do a bunch of different stuff, and since folks' gear isn't maxed out, there's always something for one or all to look forward to. I think that more than makes up for missing out on the exclusive stuff (though I feel partly naked playing Crucible without my Borealis, and will moreso after the exotic change).

That's why I bought and leveled an XBONE, despite saying I would not do that to myself again after D1, but even then I rarely see people on. Maybe I just have bad play-times. Then again it seems like people on XBOX hide their online status MUCH more then on PSN.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 03, 2018, 09:05 (2246 days ago) @ Vortech

That's why I bought and leveled an XBONE, despite saying I would not do that to myself again after D1, but even then I rarely see people on. Maybe I just have bad play-times. Then again it seems like people on XBOX hide their online status MUCH more then on PSN.

Guilty as charged. Speaking of hidden, mailed you a blind raid link.

And the PS4 exclusives

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 03, 2018, 05:45 (2246 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Honestly, it's hard to remember at this point, but this is the first Playstation console I bought at launch since the first one. My standard rule was to get the Xbox or Sega as my main console and wait for the slim and cheap version of the PS thing sto play all of the exclusives late-cycle (and in the case of the PS3 miss out on claiming my username, annoyingly). I know part of the reason I bought the PS4 at launch was because a bunch of the shooter gang I played Battlefield with were planning to get just the PS4, not the XBONE, but I also think Destiny had something t do with it?

Webcomic is now online.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 11:02 (2247 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Interesting

by Durandal, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 11:57 (2247 days ago) @ Korny

Interesting notes:
The freeze was fast enough to trap Exos or Frames during the facility evacuation.
It looks like said Exos were carrying fusion rifles.
The warsats crashed recently and in a group, from some common cause?
The system is sparse enough that a guardian can disappear just by cutting off contact with the city.
Ana is far less debilitated by the loss of her light then our guardian. She is still able to fight, or at least pull a trigger.
She found a ship on Venus, what did she do with her old one? Did she get a guardian Uber to Venus?
She's there looking for her old "home", and Rasputin. Why does she think the two are related?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread