Power Level, The Grind, Loot, Player Choice (Criticism)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 11, 2018, 19:31 (2148 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It sure was “fun” watching Bungie celebrate themselves for making the new raid so difficult (aka, making the Power level so high?) and congratulating the world’s first team of people who apparently didn’t have to work this week. It’s actually making me furious. I took a day off just to play Destiny and I’m 15 Power below the recommended level. Meaning I’m roughly two weeks away from being able to raid without a major disadvantage.

Right now I’m REALLY feeling like Bungie is prioritizing a very different type of player than I am, which seems insane! I’m only someone who made a significant amount of time to play their game, am heavily invested in their story and lore, and have spent a large amount of time explaining things to others. But since I don’t stream all day long I feel like I’m not valued. More than that, I feel like, as per your soft cap discussion, that they have gone back and put significantly more barriers in my way to enjoying the game.

This sucks.

And I am angry.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread