Great work! (Criticism)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 09:53 (2145 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by Korny, Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 10:42

So, I've been having a ton of fun in Warmind. I love the story threads Warmind explores and the gameplay in the missions themselves are great. But my biggest gripe is with the narrative. We've seen this previously, it's not a new problem Destiny has. But three story missions and two strikes did not do Nokris or Xol the narrative justice they deserve. So, here is my attempt to beef up the campaign, adding character to the characters and weight to the actions while starting and ending at the same place the released expansion did. This uses all the current missions and strikes (although some have altered encounters or dialog) while adding missions that show us why these enemies are threats to be feared and need elimination.

Warmind Story Revisions

This is something that I've wanted to do for a long time, but it always gets messy, and I give it up. Love the format that you've used, and the comprehensive scope.

Also, on the initial list, you have Dark Below and Warmind's strike count listed as having 1 and 2 respectively, though each also had an extra, Playstation-exclusive strike, which may have an effect on the way you calculate value (it fits closer to your ideal count).

One thing you don't touch on, that I would have liked, is contextual patrols, such as the Eyes/Hand/Foot of Crota patrol missions that you could trigger in a Public space. would bring more life to the maps...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread