An Xbox Elite controller equivalent for PS4: (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 01:45 (2163 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The SCUF Vantage has just been announced.

It looks great, and I've heard good things about SCUF. Price is steep, though: $169.95 for a wired version, and $199.95 for the Bluetooth version.

[image]

I just about bought an Elite controller the other day, but rumors of a remodel being announced at E3 made me hold off. Although the rumor also states that it will have a rechargeable battery rather than using AAs, so I'll have to see what the improvements are and if they're worth that trade off.

Rechargeable AAs FTW!

I love the placement of the sticks and what looks like the same grippy texture as the Elite. I like that the look is customizable.

I wonder about the weight (I like the heft of the Elite but realize opinions vary on that). I also wonder if the Bluetooth version becomes a wired version when plugged in (like the Elite).

I doubt it's for me because of the price and the fact that paddles don't work very well for me (I didn't know this when I bought my Elite). My PS4 is basically my Destiny plus exclusives machine, and I like the dual shock well enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread