Has DBO completed Escalation Protocol yet? (Recruitment)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 07:25 (2157 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Color me very interested. I don't really care about completing it or even how far we get, as long as we get past a total of 3 waves for my quest.

I have been in several groups early on that got past wave 1, and once I even saw wave 3. But, naturally, ever since I got the Ikelos quest step which needs 3 wave completions, EVERY single time I've tried escalation protocol, almost everyone there disappears immediately. I really don't understand what's happening - someone else starts it, I join in, and almost immediately (I mean, during the very first group of thrall) I find that I'm alone. At first I thought it was just new players hitting the button not knowing what it does. And, indeed, that COULD be it some of the time. But I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon trying this and it happened probably 80-90% of the time. It's FAR too often to be accidental. What the hell are they doing? They're not using the first wave to get Valkyrie kills (which I did once myself) because they don't even kill some thrall and then leave. They leave immediately. It might just be griefing I guess, but again, it seems too consistent to be that. It seems like they're intentionally trying to accomplish something, but I can't figure out what it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread