<3 (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 07:17 (2122 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So I want to apologize; the last time I was here (some time in late April), I said "I'll be back after Warmind drops." I really thought it would be the week Warmind dropped; I was just stepping away to avoid fighting with people about what we didn't know yet.

Turned out, though, that being gone was good for me. I was rather shocked, in fact, at how much better I felt every day - I hadn't realized how stressful it had become discussing what is supposed to be a fun diversion with people here. :(

(That's on me, by the way - it's nobody's job but mine to keep discussions from making me tense.)

So I didn't come back. I've been playing a lot - heck, I've played with a lot of YOU guys in the past few weeks. I've even had discussions about Destiny during those play sessions... but I found that it's easier to not get wound up when you're TALKING to someone than it is when you're WRITING to them. (This is odd, for me; I've always made the argument that emails/forums are BETTER for keeping things calm than face-to-face arguments, because you have time to think about what you're going to say. I'm finding, though, that the lack of other cues - tone, volume, etc - overwhelms the plus of extra time.)

It's time, though. I watched the reveal stream this morning, and I'm pretty excited by what I saw. I miss talking about that kind of stuff, and seeing what others think. I miss the FTB events. (Signed up for one today, in fact!) I miss sharing fun occurrences in the Crucible. I want to re-engage.

So I'm back. :)

(Still not ready to go back to Facebook, though.)

I need to start inviting you whenever I see you get on. I always think "oh he must be on because he's doing {x} with {y}, I shouldn't bother them", but I know that's just an excuse to be anti-social on my part.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread