BF1 was amazing. (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, June 11, 2018, 07:47 (2146 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by MacAddictXIV, Monday, June 11, 2018, 08:10

Man, I feel the opppsite. I thought that trailer was great, and perfectly encapsulates what playing a Battlefield game feels like. And I love the aesthetic. I’d love to see the ragtag band of resistance fighters story, historical accuracy be damned.

I'm totally fine with the lack of historical accuracy in multiplayer, that doesn't bother me in the least. I just really prefer the trailers for BF1 that showed how harrowing the war was while still giving glimpses into the stuff that's going to be in the game. This felt much more "War is fun!" which to me is a weird way to introduce a game where they say they are going to put in dramatic stories about WWII. I think if this had been the 2nd or 3rd trailer I would've been a lot more okay with it.

I haven't really played any of the Battlefield games, but this game was amazing. The fact that was split up into a bunch of mini-stories across WW2 was a great choice. As far as I could tell, when I fact checked the story line a bit was that it's fairly accurate in terms of what happened and what they use. For example when there was fighting in the alps, the Swiss (I think?) fought the Germans they actually wore giant plates of armor as a front guard because in the alps there was a ton of shale type rock that turned every explosion into shrapnel which would just shred troops.

It was little details like that shit that just made the game for me. It explained and made it feel that much more real. Which I might add was at times very sad and depressing. But it was a damned good solo campaign. I never touched muliplayer because I'm not a big fan of PvP in general but It was fine by me because the single player was worth the cost of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread