The Directing, Crowd Audio, and “fake newscast” were awful! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, June 11, 2018, 20:50 (2145 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Like, the games were hit or miss, but the presentation beyond the games was super embarrassing. It was like watching the weekend production crew at the 3rd string TV News station in town.

I don't know how common it is elsewhere, but the main news channel in my area is connected to Mizzou. Journalism students basically do the whole thing, and it's awful. it's and endless parade of college kids stuttering their way through newscasts with shoddy production and missed cues all the time. It's genuinely awful pretty often.

I'll agree, that aspect of the show was bad. But I watch the Giant Bomb coverage of the E3 conferences, which means I got to listen to the Giant Bomb crew talk over those segments, so it wasn't bad.

The games they showed were more than strong enough to make up for any production issues. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as EA's awkward show, despite how hard Andrea Rene tried to pull it together.

Microsoft was far and away the best conference in terms of tone and production, but, again, I think there's a lot to be said for showing significant gameplay demos of strong exclusive games, and that makes up for a lot of issues.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread