Hand cannons in Des2ny PvP (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:25 (2136 days ago)

So when Des2y first came out, I tried hand cannons in the crucible… and they did not feel or perform well for me. It turns out, you just need to rethink a little bit, and now after practicing a bit I think I have them figured out.

The biggest ah hah was with regards to the initial accuracy buff and cover. Hand cannons get a boost to accuracy to your first shot, then it falls off as you rapidly fire. So the trick is really to be using cover in between shots. First of all, if you dip in and out of cover you can get that initial accuracy buff on subsequent shots, but the biggest advantage is that hand cannons do all their damage at once. So if you peek out and get off a shot, you are going to do more damage than your enemy in that short time. If they have an auto rifle or and SMG, they are going to be doing way less damage than you are. So if you minimize your exposure time, you can really skew gunfights. So pop in and out of cover. Get a shot then back up and bait your enemy. Don't just pull the rigger as fast as possible while staying out in the open.

The second thing is that they have pretty good in air accuracy. I've improved quite a bit by just being in the air more often. If you come at an enemy from the air and start putting in shots with a sidearm or hand cannon, not only are they behind, but they will be even more behind by the time they find you. Triple jump is pretty rad for this.

You aren't going to be winning a straight up fight with a Graviton Lance, but you can be pretty effective when things get rough and as support.

I've really been liking the old fashioned.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread