Music of the Spheres poetry part 1 (Destiny)

by OS_Epsilon, Friday, July 06, 2018, 21:30 (2113 days ago)

The exact text of my reddit thread:

First and foremost, Happy Bungie Day from myself (/u/OS_Epsilon) and /u/emblyne!! To celebrate the festivities, we have a surprise. It's no secret we've been working on content with Music of the Spheres. Well now, we are ready to release the first bit of our work. I present to you all, the first piece of the Music of the Spheres poetry by Malcolm Guite. Malcolm calls the collection "Seven Heavens, Seven Hells: A Sequence for the Spheres" and Malcolm is making a post on his blog I will be linking to when it's up.

Huge thanks to Moonvald and My Name is Byf for agreeing to narrate all 16 poems for us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mrDRsB6O_0&t=0s

Obligatory "for those out of the loop". Music of the Spheres is the musical themes and foundation for the Destiny franchise. There are 8 pieces of music written by Martin O'Donnell, Mike Salvatori, and Paul McCartney. This music was not released until very recently despite having been ready to ship 5 years ago. What's not quite common knowledge is that Bungie hired a poet friend of Marty's to write poetry for this music which before today was not released.

Ladies and gentlemen, enjoy the first 2 poems, The Moon is Full.

(and if anyone doesn't know, yes I am the real OS_Epsilon).

EDIT 1 - almost forgot to mention. There's a PDF of a booklet with the poetry written in the video description.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread