Thanks for carrying my dad! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 17:20 (2065 days ago) @ Korny

Korny helping run my dad through some gauntlet drills

He caught on to what you were telling him super quick. The only times he had an issue was that time that he was only given info on the first part of the Baths, and was never told that we had to go to the middle. Even I didn't catch that he was missing that info (I guess we all take it as a given at this point).

I find it easier to learn a raid thing if you know what the final objective is first, and working your way backwards from there, that way the first part is freshest in your mind...

Yeah, the past few times I've visited my parents I've offered to give my dad a run through of the raid. So he's definitely seen it before, just hasn't been in the driver's seat.

It really helped that everyone was in on supporting him. People were giving great direction and otherwise just nailing their own jobs while supporting me and my dad, it was awesome.

Success! (not pictured, me and Korny)
[image]

Wish I could have seen it through to the end! Honestly, I thought I'd only be able to run the initial Castellum, but Sammy was caught up at work, which bought us an hour (and Breitzen some Solstice work). It was great! Thanks again for the invite. Be sure to tell dad that we all had a great time!

Yeah I'll let him know! Was super glad we had you for when you were there. Breitzen was a great sub and picked up right where you left off. I can't imagine anything going more smoothly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread