Staten gone?!?! (Destiny)

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 04:54 (3865 days ago) @ Warbow

http://www.bungie.net/7_Its-been-an-honor/en/News/News?aid=11101

I feel awkwardly detached. I know Staten from the many videos and presentations, but it has been some time since I really sat down and enjoyed anything from Bungie o.O It is still sad to see someone leave the ship after so long, but that is always the feeling when things like this happen, then stuff tend to work out anyway, the result will just be tinted a different color.

Call me an asshat but I figured I could just as well post my thoughts. If Joe has his mind on other kinds of media and storytelling, like perhaps movies, it is probably good for both him and everyone else that he moves on. Over the years I have seen games turn into interactive movies which breaks my heart. Just meaning that if his goals and motivation have diverged from those of Bungie it is probably a good decision. Not sure how well I got that across, uh.

And random speculation, If Staten is moving towards a... what, Halo movie project? Well that would make me very excited :P haha. I'll be looking forward to see what he takes on in the future!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread