Deep Rock Galactic is 30% off (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 07:04 (2059 days ago)

It was already extremely cheap ($25.00) due to being on Game Preview, but somehow it's now being sold at a 30% discount. That's $17.49 for what is easily the best co-op game I've played in years. The timing isn't great with Forsaken coming out, but grab it and we can play after we've gotten through Forsaken's campaign and back into complaint mode! ;)

A lot of new stuff has been added since that trailer, but it still captures the idea of the game pretty well. Up to 4 player co-op. There are 4 classes that you can mix and match as you like, each with unique weapons and tools for traversing the environments. The mission areas are randomly generated, so a large part of the game is exploring each new mission and figuring out how to move through it. EVERYTHING is destructible via your pickaxe, explosives, or the Driller class' power drills.

Do be aware that's it's an early access game, still in development, so there will be hiccups. I had a long period where it would always crash on the first mission load, so I had to start the game up twice each time. But it also means the game frequently gains new features. There was an update last week which added a whole new mission environment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread