New Subclass Crucible strategies (Just in time for IB) (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:02 (2053 days ago)

So I wanted to take a minute and gush about my experience with Way of the Wraith, and see what approaches other folks will be taking with their new subclasses in Crucible this week.

While I certainly appreciate the slow/poison effects of the new smoke bomb, the fourth and final ability really makes the subclass stand out. Being able to crouch and pull off a precision kill to go invisible and simultaneously gain Truesight is such a gamechanger. I've been using that ability in combination with Foetracer to try and be kind of a spotter of sorts. It goes against my typical run-and-gun impulses, as I'm not typically a hang-back-and-plink player, but it's worked really well.

Being able to anticipate your opponent peeking into the lane or charging around a corner is a lifesaver. You can countersnipe without a sniper, you can safely avoid supers because you know where they're headed. It's fantastic.

But my most favorite use of the power is to proc it with a headshot and then swap to a pro-pipe, and then set traps with the foreknowledge of when to let the trigger go. Sure, it's pretty situational, but it's a ton of fun.

Anyone else found any neat combos or strategies they plan to use in Iron Banner?

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread