I came over as soon as I heard! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 17, 2018, 22:22 (2040 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Here are some shots that I captured in-game during the second Forsaken mission. Imagine what players could do with a proper Photo Mode:
[image][image][image][image][image]
[image][image][image]

Think of it like this, from the Director, you select Photo Mode. You can then pick a Destination or multiplayer map, which you then load into in your own separate instance. In Warframe, these instances are empty, but you can spawn in enemies to set up action shots.

You can pause enemies mid-animation too, to capture shots like these:
[image][image][image][image]

It's sort of an odd work-around system for handling photo mode in an online game, but it totally works, and it's actually really neat. You can even invite friends into the mode with you.

Up to eight players with their own Cameras in a single instance. I'm sure Bungie could allow at least a Fireteam of three into a Photo Mode without it messing up the way the game works for others.

The squad leader has control of pausing the action, but every person has their own camera control and can set up their own shots with effects and filters, add text and other flair to the shot, etc. It's really neat.

As I said, it's definitely a work-around, but if the goal is to not affect normal gameplay, it's a good one. The Ghost Mode thing sounds like a potentially neat idea, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with people dicking around with that in Crucible or Gambit or Strikes.

That's why it'd be best to have it as a standalone thing, like Private Matches. Maybe they could fully-render your shots like Halo 3's Theater mode would do once you took a screenshot.
Speaking of Destiny though, check out the Dead Orbit/FWC/New Monarchy Faction cosplays:

[image][image][image]
[DO is mine, the other two are from Reddit]

I dunno. It really feels like there are a dozen ways that Bungie could make a photo/theater mode work in the game (with the Ghosts being a no-brainer) in a way that wouldn't be detrimental to others. Sure would make the dress-up aspect a lot more fun...

Captura is easily my favorite Photo Mode, though:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread