Better in the Arcade by far (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 01, 2018, 16:27 (2006 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, October 01, 2018, 16:32

It is better on iPhone due to the fact that I’d have never played it otherwise. You underestimate how important having a game in my pocket is. I would 100% have just played something else if it was only on console.

I understand this perspective, but it is not a very good argument. By that logic, you could say that the Game Boy version of Mortal Kombat was the best version because that's all you could play. There exists a reality outside of your own experience. For someone with a sweet gaming rig, playing with advanced graphics and audio options makes the game better. For YOU it might make the game worse because your framerate plummets to unplayable levels. But that doesn't mean low is better than high.

Did you watch Dunkirk on a phone? Does that make it the best version? I mean a lot of people couldn't see it on 15 perf 70mm film right? So would you say that's not the best version?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread