Things that stuck out to me (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, September 30, 2013, 22:10 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

Multiplayer map flow is based on ammo placement instead of weapon placement since you'll carry weapons with you at all times. Three different types of ammo based on weapon slot. Interesting, but makes sense.

That's very interesting.... There were several maps (or more?) in Halo 1 that had ammo on them, then only a few in Halo 2 had ammo (off the top of my head just Coagulation and Ivory Tower with their boxes of rockets), and then Halo 3 didn't have it at all (IIRC some of the tags and models existed and could be modded in though). I wonder if they did one of those "taking a broad look back" things they do from time to time and decided to bring this back.

Sounds like there are three basic types of primary rifles: Scout rifle (1 shot rifle, like DMR), pulse rifle, and assualt/auto rifle

OK, three types of rifles, three types of ammo... but how do weapons like the rocket launcher fit into this? Didn't they say one or two of the weapons they've shown are explosive weapons? This also doesn't cover the usage of techno-magic abilities-- well, presumably.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread