Spire of Stars Prestige (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 15:07 (2075 days ago)

I made a post a while back looking to gauge interest in a Spire of Stars run (to which I got many positive replies... thank you). I've since discovered that in order to get the Sleeper Simulant catalyst, you need to complete the Prestige version. So I thought I might be able to hit 2 birds with one stone here.

Two questions:

1) Is it even realistic to hope to beat the Prestige version, given that I haven't fully familiarized myself with the normal version yet? I know it a bit, but not perfectly.

2) If yes to the first question, is there anyone on the Xbox side who would be willing to help me get through the Prestige Spire raid? I'd feel guilty if it turned into a 4-hour marathon... is there a group that can manage Prestige mode without too much trouble, and would be willing to have me tag along?

Thanks!

Spire of Stars Prestige

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 15:38 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

no clue on 1, but Def would do it on Xbox. Sleeper catalyst is worth the time to me.

Spire of Stars Prestige

by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 15:49 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Prestige still just means that you have to use limited weapon sets and the enemies are stronger. Mechanics should be the same anyway. I'd be up for giving it a try, it's a Triumph and stuff.

Spire of Stars Prestige

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 15:59 (2075 days ago) @ squidnh3

Prestige still just means that you have to use limited weapon sets and the enemies are stronger. Mechanics should be the same anyway. I'd be up for giving it a try, it's a Triumph and stuff.

I'm up for it.

Spire of Stars Prestige

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 16:11 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I made a post a while back looking to gauge interest in a Spire of Stars run (to which I got many positive replies... thank you). I've since discovered that in order to get the Sleeper Simulant catalyst, you need to complete the Prestige version. So I thought I might be able to hit 2 birds with one stone here.

Two questions:

1) Is it even realistic to hope to beat the Prestige version, given that I haven't fully familiarized myself with the normal version yet? I know it a bit, but not perfectly.

I think there are enough of us here who have done this, so... yeah.

2) If yes to the first question, is there anyone on the Xbox side who would be willing to help me get through the Prestige Spire raid? I'd feel guilty if it turned into a 4-hour marathon... is there a group that can manage Prestige mode without too much trouble, and would be willing to have me tag along?

Thanks!

AND MY AX!!!

I'm down to give it a go

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 16:13 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've gotten to run the first raid and lair on prestige, but haven't had a chance to try Spire prestige yet. Would love to check that off the list.

-Disciple

Spire of Stars Prestige

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 16:17 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I have never finished Spire of Stars. Got all the way to the last encounter, but never finished.

I’d be willing to attempt Prestige, though.

Ditto

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 16:18 (2075 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Spire of Stars Prestige

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 20:43 (2075 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have never finished Spire of Stars. Got all the way to the last encounter, but never finished.

I’d be willing to attempt Prestige, though.

Same here.

Count me in

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 19:36 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'd love to help out. If you put together an FTB event, I'll do my best to be there. Being much higher light after Forsaken is going to help a *lot* with this one.

Spire of Stars Prestige

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 20:13 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’d like to help out but I’ve nrver done spire of stars. Put up a fab with a time I could make and I’ll sign up as tentative

Sure. I’ll be on the lookout for a FTB event!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 21:32 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I've cleared Spires once

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 00:52 (2075 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But you can count me in depending on the time.

Y’all are the best :) FTB Event posted

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 05:08 (2074 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Wow, way more interest than I’d anticipated. I’ve posted an event in the FTB:

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=2996

I’m happy to do this more than once, so if there are people who want in, but are unable to join on Sunday, just let me know and we can setup another event.

It's going to be an interesting week for prestige mode

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 13:26 (2074 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Prestige: Arsenal: Weapons have no reserve ammo. Emptying the clip of a weapon refills the clips of your holstered weapons.
Armsmaster: You've been challenged to wield the following: Kinetic: Anything, Energy: Fusion Rifle, Power: Fusion Rifle

At least I can still bring in Bygones. I guarantee someone is going to get killed by their own Sleeper round at some point, though :p

-Disciple

Spire of Stars Video Guide

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 11, 2018, 13:08 (2074 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For anyone who is rusty or un-familiar with how to get through the Spire raid, this video guide seems decently thorough. It doesn't get into the prestige mode at all, but I found it helpful for learning the mechanics of each encounter:

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread