A pre-order bonus I can believe in (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:05 (3857 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I've held off preordering until now because Bungie hadn't, and really still hasn't, show me the game. The offer of a beta will get me to preorder, but only because it is Bungie. If this were any other company I would kill them where they stand not preorder their game based on the available info.

I'm interested in your viewpoint. What makes you feel this way? What would other games have shown you by now that Bungie hasn't? Is anything you've seen so far enticing to you? Do you pre-order games often?

I feel this way because, especially back when the preorder was announced, I was asked to buy a game based on nothing more than a ViDoc of motion-comic-ed concept art and a nice voice over. Even now, we haven't seen significant parts of the game, such as anything before or after a mission, or anything more than a couple of seconds of multiplayer. When asking me to buy into a new universe I'd like a bit more than that before I give you the trust of a preorder. I know that Bungie will give us more and more as the release gets closer, but I thought that taking preorders on the first day was pretty silly.

I used to preorder games more, but the last couple times I did the shipments were delayed and the whole preorder concept was just a waste. Before this beta was announced my plan was to buy Destiny launch day afternoon at the nearby Best Buy. With the beta I'll now preorder and live with whatever shipping delay I end up getting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread