THAB 11.21.2018--surprise early edition (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 19:48 (1975 days ago)

The weekly update is up early, due to Thanksgiving.

They start with some cool new weapons to work for in Season 5. One for Crucible, one from Zavala, and one from Gambit.

Zavala is offering Loaded Question, and high impact arc fusion rifle. It has the perk Reservoir Burst: When the battery is full, your next burst deals additional damage and causes enemies to explode on death.

[image]

Pick up the quest from Zavala, and complete these objectives for a fully Masterworked version of the weapon:

The Drifter is offering Breakneck, a precision kinetic auto rifle. Breakneck’s unique perk is Onslaught: This weapon’s rate of fire increases as you stack Rampage.

[image]

Shaxx is offering The Mountaintop, a lightweight kinetic grenade launcher with Micro-Missile: This weapon fires in a straight line and has a massively increased projectile speed.

[image]

I won't detail the whole quest here (mainly because I'm too lazy to format it), but it is much more intensive than the other two quests, more in line with earning Luna's Howl or Redrix's Broadsword. Interestingly, some quest steps can be completed in Quickplay (such as "earn Grenade Launcher final blows"--Quickplay final blows will earn you 3 points, Competitive final blows will get you 10 points. The total requirement is 750 points for that step).

They also state that the Crucible quest uses account-wide tracking, so you can use any of your characters to make progress. They don't say the same thing about the other two weapons, but those look relatively simple, so that makes sense, I guess.

New Bungie store promotion:

[image]

New web comic, "Cayde's Six"

[image]

Player Support Report and Movie of the Week follow as usual.

There's also one final note--a ViDoc on 11/27 will reveal more about Season of the Forge.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread