Shattered Throne is cool (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 09:11 (1973 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thanks Munky and Zumphry for doing the shattered throne. It was super fun. And two of us got a wavesplitter :-p

That Competitive grind just got a whole lot easier now that we both have the Facemelter. Sorry Fighting Lion, I still love you!

If anyone here hasn't done the dungeon, definitely wait until you are in the 580s. The enemies are 590, and placed in really difficult locations. The bosses had almost the same mechanics, and it wasn't hard to figure out at all. It's lighter than a raid but heavier than a strike. Took about 110 minutes, with time spent looking around for chests and bones and stuff.

Yeah, it was fun getting to actually play it (although being underleveled had its fun moments, it wasn't worth it on the Ogre fight, and no way was I going to be finishing the final encounter. That Reverie triumph is gonna have to wait)

This is the type of thing there should be more of!

Yeah, definitely. It was just complex enough that you needed to use your brain, simple enough that replays and wipes weren't infuriating, and unique enough that it felt raid-tier, and with actual effort put into it, unlike so much of D1 and D2.

Plus, the "approach the right path through multiple angles" aspect of the first encounter kept making me smile while we explored.

Also, there is a triumph for beating it alone without dying. And here I thought flawless raider was hard…

That's the kind of crap that Bungie should be aiming at the streamers; stupidly-difficult, specific challenges within the content, not the content or economy itself.

I loved it. Can't wait to try again for the bow itself.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread