Location, Time & Luck (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 07, 2019, 17:55 (1929 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mo0xxiTztc&feature=youtu.be&t=42

THIS COMING YEAR Uhm... we're going... we're going ship Halo for the Xbox, and if you guys haven't noticed um... all the people around us at Microsoft are fond of, sort of, pointing to Halo and... and making big deal of it...and uh... because it's pretty fun and cool ... and it's going to be like just, you know, not to put any pressure on anybody but it is going be the sort of software that, the game that... decides weather Xbox is going to be a winner or not... if one game can do that.

"If one game can do that."

Man... retrospect is weird. It's like... yeah man, all that and more then you possibly fathom. Not just a Brand, an Industry. Not just Fans, a Community. Not just a game, but for so many an indelible inspiration.

Halo. It's finished.

No... I think we're just getting started.

It's sweet that this sort of thing was recorded, and I'm thankful you chose to share this Marty. We all, and especially you Marty, really lucked out on this one. Plucky Startups (lol... "plucky") creating Industry defining stuff doesn't happen often. I myself had yet to coalesce into a being able to properly realize the impact of OG Starwars. I talk weird...lol.

Yet I was around for Halo, at the right time, and the right place it seems. My forever home on the Internet has always been Halo-linked as a result. In...geeze... my 18 years of gaming since Halo (as there is more then that), nothing is better nor has come as close to the sheer glee of a Halo-based LAN Party. It is known.

Oh and Realtalk folks: We're all goofballs. Well... except for Funk. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread