All-You-Can-Eat Buffet! (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 08:51 (1881 days ago)

For those noticing the FTB, our Eater or Worlds Raid Lair was earlier this weekend--as it turns out, quite a few of us were buffet virgins, so we had quite a learning experience ahead of us!

This was my first time experiencing Eater of Worlds--or any Raid Lair, for that matter...and man, it was so enjoyable!! Bungie wasn't kidding when they said Raid Lairs would be shorter and less difficult. I think that's honestly what made this so pleasurable. We had to jury rig it a little with 5 players at the start, but we were able to finagle our way across the purple sludge on the principle of No One Eats Until Everyone's Full. A quick and painless battle royale later, we ended up doing the James Bond thing, and working towards the extra chest. Inside the engine of the Leviathan is absolutely incredible--I couldn't help but be reminded of the inside of Requiem from Halo 4. After a very lengthy description of the Cannon, Balls Run sequence of the raid, we decided to 5-man a test run to learn the mechanics of the segment. And damned if we're not the best; we did it on our first try! Chris rung in at the last minute, and managed to teach us the mechanics of the final boss Argos, who(as I mentioned in party chat) looked like an Aegis Wing boss. That one was also surprisingly easy, though I'm still a little confused on the mechanics. Through that entire raid lair, even though I died the most(what the hell?), we only wiped one single time.

That was a really enjoyable experience, and it was definitely one of the most fun times I've had playing Destiny 2 in quite a while! The loot was a little lackluster this time, as I only got a Mask of Sekris and a I Am Alive--both at 380--the gun itself is pretty fun to use, and as a result, finally completed my Emperor armor set.

Super fun night, thanks to everybody for coming, and I can't wait to do this again!!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread