Izanami Quest, WTH! (Criticism)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 13:08 (1865 days ago) @ ManKitten

(Please read this as a shot of frustration with a humor chaser. I'm intentionally being hyperbolic in an effort to make my actual complaint entertaining.)

I finished the Izanami Forge quest and ignition last night. It was a really fun quest. Thanks to CougRon for helping me with the Spire Integration event.

But just like the Last Word quest, it had that moment at the end that made me go from "This is highly enjoyable" to "Really?.....Really?"

Near the end of the quest, the mission where you have to hunt down that big Psion. After I've started, and wanted to change weapons I learn that they are locked. It would have been nice to know that weapons were going to lock before the mission started. And then near the end I died...which meant I failed the mission and had to start over.

ok.

It's intended to be a challenge. I'm fine with weapons being locked. I'm fine with the entire mission being a no-respawn zone. I'm even fine with the mission ending if you die. The part that makes me flip my lid is that, after the mission ended, it boots me back to orbit.

Really? Really? Dang, it sucks I have to start the mission over but the slap in the face is, now I have to re-load the planet and travel back to the mission start point. Why!!? All I can think during these moments is "We make games we want to play." REALLY!!!? Is this how you want to play this game!!!?

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread