Gaming PC Advice (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 22, 2019, 19:05 (1860 days ago)

Hey guys, I think it's about time to get a new PC, since my old one fuzzed out and my downgrade is making life so much worse. I was able to scrounge up about $1,300, which was pretty much the price of my last PC(which wasn't gaming, but still pretty powerful) and I figured that this would be a good time to go exploring for possibilities.

So yeah, I'm looking for a high-spec gaming PC ASAP--like, one of those Saw Bitch Workhorse-type megaliths, something nice and powerful, that can run games and/or editing programs efficiently and maybe some decent editing/animation options as well.

Space isn't too much of a factor, especially considering how many external hard drives I have...but it would be nice for me to see my Steam Library again. So while a terabyte would be nice, I'd much rather have the hardcore strength to run Dolphin at max settings or give FaceRig or SFM a shot.

Obviously $1,300 won't be enough for something that strong, but if nothing else, I could either do some financing or possibly barter for some negotiations and such. My quandary though, is the long-run planning. It took quite a bit of time to save up that much at once, without some major emergency or something immediately draining it out. I don't want to put down at least a thousand dollars on a computer without knowing firsthand whether it's really a powerhouse or a penguin. Which leads me to my main dilemma: I've heard of places that sell high-end PC's like Best Buy and stuff, but I've also found out about gaming companies that lease-to-own powerful PCs. I doubt I'd be able to pay off a full priced computer for $1300, but I can shop around for options. The lease companies would end up charging much more in the end, but they'd be in small dependably easy payments that I could handle without much (if any) issue. So what I'm trying to figure out is: Do I go to a full price retail store with what I have and schmooze my way towards something substantial(or perhaps settle?) or do I go for the lease-to-own and pay more, but in smaller payments?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread