Is anyone playing The Division 2? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 09, 2019, 19:01 (1843 days ago)

One my old Air Force friends talked it up quite a bit and piqued my interest. I only got to like level 10 or so in the first one. It seemed fine, I just never thought it felt all the great and it never really grabbed me.

After my friend talked about it, I looked into it some, and SkillUp's review really sold me. I had some money left in my Xbox account, so I figured I'd take the chance.

It's still way too early to tell (I've only played for a couple of hours), but I immediately like it a whole lot more than the first. It feels better, somehow, in some way I can't quite articulate. The gunplay feels a bit tighter, maybe. It's still an RPG at it's core--this isn't Gears of War or anything--but the guns don't feel like dogshit, which is something I could never say about the first game in my time with that game. I think I like the setting more, too. Winter New York City was certainly striking, but it felt monotonous very quickly. It already seems like there's more variety in DC, which is a very welcome change.

The story still seems to be mediocre to trash, but that's fine. SkillUp made it seems like it's a bunch of smaller stories with some interesting bits, rather than a really compelling straight narrative, which seems like a fine way to handle it.

The world already feels more alive than the first game, too. Safehouses are filled with NPCs milling about. Nothing interactive or anything, they're just set dressing, but it does make it look like an actual community surviving in their safe house. People from the safe houses also venture out to look for supplies, and you can help them out. Seems like maybe there's a light base-building mechanic around keeping the communities stocked up on supplies.

Is anyone playing and want to party up on Xbox?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread