Awesome (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, April 19, 2019, 11:32 (1828 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This evening I said to myself “that emblem is not worth that headache.” I am glad the weapon is only tied up by 7 of the triumphs.

Same. I've already snagged the weapon, so I don't have to worry about that part of it, but it sucks that I'm going to be one triumph short of the whole set just because I couldn't accurately predict which way they were going to screw up this event. If I had seen it coming on Wednesday when the extra orb generation booted us all to orbit during our raid, I probably would have stayed up long enough to get all of the orbs I needed in Gambit. Now I'm just SOL unless this can be cheesed in custom games.

It can't, unfortunately, be cheesed in custom games. (Korny, bluerunner and I tested that last night.)

:(

I still have hope that they'll autocomplete that triumph for everyone; it really does seem unfair to hinge the emblem on one gametype (a gametype that turns out tiny numbers of orbs, especially in light of the other changes the Revelry makes to Quickplay right now). We'll see.

This is pretty much my only hope. I was already thinking it would already be nearly impossible for me to complete this under normal circumstances, but realizing now that 1) I would be competing with the infinite skip grenade spam (which I would otherwise find hilarious), and 2) when you get orbs for precision kills in Crucible (which is already RNG) you only get two instead of the five you get in the Verdant Forest, even if I spent the rest of the event doing nothing but crucible, there's no way I'd complete this (and not just because if I had to play nothing but crucible, I'd end up punting my Xbox down the street by the end of the week).

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread