Latest Bad Videogame Movie: Sonic the Hedgehog (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 13:50 (1815 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The same way (insert your favorite shitty videogame movie here) got funded: half rabid fandom and half corporate greed.

Now I'm sure people are just itching to hear what the hedge-o-phile has to say. lol

From the get-go, this movie is obviously going to be silly and aimed at kids. Sorry, Classic Sonic fans--looks like there won't be any angsty drama you've been waiting for this time. That being said, I have NO problem regressing myself to childhood stages in order to finally witness what I've been waiting thirty...actually, thirty-one years for. Hopefully they won't go too cliche for the actual film(c'mon. Gangsta's Paradise? That song is almost as old as I am), but trailers and final products are rarely tied together, so I'm not too worried.

As for Movie Sonic's look...he's still looking spindly and humanlike, but at least they didn't fudge the height. Having the spines run all the way down the back...actually isn't that bad of a look. It helps offset the humanoidism. From what I've seen, they don't really have his mannerisms down, which I don't really like. The face seems a little too small for his head, IMO. Eyes are nowhere near as green as they should be. In fact, they turned blue for a second...not cool. The voice is okay(I've already forgotten who's playing him) but we REALLY could've used RCS for this one. Or maybe even one of the older Sonics from back in the day! I know I haven't heard Griffith's impression in a LONG time.

Jim Carrey looks like instead of researching Dr. Eggman and molding to that particular mindset, he's taking the character and doing his own thing with it; which I'm not too happy about, but considering how much of a crazy legend Jim Carrey really IS...I'll trust him with this role.

Final thoughts: Blackt1g3r's right, this is likely going to be another shitty adaptation for the $5 bin at Walmart. But...I'm not slitting my throat at first look, so I guess that's good news?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread