The yawn of a new era for Bungie. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 10:21 (1787 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by Korny, Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 10:25

The Season of Opulence page has more details:

[image]

[image]

I disagree with basically everything you have said :D

Neat power level boost and a sampling of the Menagerie for those who don't have the Season Pass.

Free content is free content. If you are complaining about free content you need to get back on pushing for more Eververse content to fund this, otherwise it turns out that the only way Bungie gets money is by selling DLC's.

I'm... not complaining? I said it was neat.

Although honestly, the Roadmap for Season of Nerf feels the slimmest it's been yet. Literally five of the six "Annual Pass exclusive" items on it are tied together in a single event, but are listed separately for padding.

I must not be seeing what you are seeing because I see only 3 items that are linked:
1. Menagerie, Menagerie Weapons & Gear, Exotic quest (linked in some what to Menagerie)
2. Crown of Sorrow Raid
3. New Triumphs and Lore Books
4. Penumbral Chalice

If you read the article and not just the headlines, the Penumbral Chalice is identical to the Reckoning dispenser in every way except that you choose the rewards. It is directly tied to Menagerie.
And the Triumphs and Lore books are also rewards from the Menagerie (though you could nitpick that some will be tied to the raid).
I do want to say that it's not a judgement on the quality or value of the content, but just an observation as to the quantity. Your mileage may vary on the value, but the truth is that those items are listed separately to make it look like you get more stuff. Basic marketing.

It's your right to disregard this new DLC as worthless before it has even come out. But I for one have enjoyed the last 2 DLC's for the price I paid for them and am looking forward to this new one.

I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong for enjoying it. But compared to the content that I get in other games (quality and quantity) for far less (often even for free), I'm very underwhelmed (and I got my Season Pass on sale). But that's just me being hugely spoiled by other games, and that's ok! You're free to feel like you're getting a ton of bang for your buck, and you're not wrong for doing so.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread