Destiny coming to Google Stadia, Cross-Save Support! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:34 (1778 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cross-save will work between Xbox, PC, and Stadia, with no confirmation either way about PS4.

The whole fucking point of cross saves is that you can load up a character on any platform and play with your friends. If there's a platform it doesn't work for, it's not doing its job!

Like 2 people play on PC so this helps very little.

I will a) buy a gaming PC
and b) buy all of D2 for PC
if I can transfer my saves over there.

If PS4 gets left out, that’d suck... but I’m sure there’d be nobody to blame but Sony. Everything we’ve heard so far is that they’ve been the hold-out this entire time.

No, it's Bungie's fault.

Bungie made a deal with Sony for exclusivity. Character data itself is platform agnostic. There is zero technical reason why it can't happen. But Bungie chose to make the exclusivity deals with Sony. If they hadn't made a deal, every version would just connect to the Bungie.net servers and download your character.

Seriously? You're blaming Bungie for a decision made 5 years ago, even though everyone else involved (INCLUDING BUNGIE) has agreed to change the rules going forward?

This is Sony, not Bungie.

Are there not still PS4 exclusives?

Exclusives are irrelevant. Destiny has already had cross-saves between different consoles (same manufacturer). I had content on 360 that I didn't have on Xbox. Cross-saves worked fine.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread