It's fanfiction, not prophecy. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 01:04 (1772 days ago) @ General Battuta

My favorite part was the Zavala vs Hawthorne chapter:

Thus did the Shadow of Earth slay the Titan Vanguard Zavala.

As recorded by the enshrined Scribe Shagac, the Vanguard of Earth requested mercy, and their request was denied. Thus the Titan Zavala was permitted a final day to consider his perfidy before his death.

So the Titan Zavala went to the Human known as Suraya Hawthorne and said, "Suraya Hawthorne, will you play a game of checkers with me?"

Suraya Hawthorne agreed, and so the two played twenty-seven games of checkers, and listened to the music of bagpipes and synthesizers, and dined upon Earth delicacies such as nuggets of chicken and the beer of roots.

"Titan Zavala," said Suraya Hawthorne as Earth's sun rose upon their latitude, "There will never again be a checkersmaster of your like."

"No, Suraya," said Titan Zavala. "You must become a greater checkersmaster than even me, if you are to lead the resistance."

Thus the Titan Vanguard did not meet his final death alone. And Suraya Hawthorne was slain at a later date.

Over and over in the previous parts of this ongoing wacky made up story, one of Calus' scribes had been correcting and scolding the other one for inaccuracies and over the top fictions... but here, and this is the best part, here the more senior scribe says about this part:

^ Note to Underscribe Shipal: Very good. This is entirely credible.

There's some other interesting stuff in this book:

A little more about the strange creatures that can neutralize Light that the Drifter once found on a strange moon.
An epic, Mars shattering battle between Ikora Rey and our Guardian.
Cayde-7.
The many, many, uncountable deaths of Guardian Uldren Sov.
Our Ghost's final words.
And many other pieces of completely made up nonsense that was very confusing to read until I realized what was actually going on. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread