Feels a bit like Tycho (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 13:30 (1751 days ago) @ Kermit

I agree whole-heartedly.

Despite the often awkward writing and line delivery, that narrative just works for me. They absolutely nailed that tone, I think. The cinematography in that game is amazing. All the security cam and shaky, embedded journalist style shots are great and really hold some of the clunkier writing together for me. I won’t defend it as the pinnacle of writing or story delivery or anything like that, but I always find myself really sucked into that atmosphere when I play it.

That big interview with Eric Nylund that revealed that Bungie wasn’t that happy with Fall of Reach made the retcon stuff sit a lot better with me. I’m always for letting people tell the stories they want, canon be damned. Especially if they’re working around something like Fall of Reach that they didn’t like all that much to begin with. And that ending worked for me in giving purpose to Noble team beyond just the abstract defense of Reach.

I want to play Reach and I have for a while now, but I’m holding out for its introduction to MCC.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread