Beware the Tether (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 09:32 (1739 days ago) @ squidnh3

Squid called the second one "threading the needle." You can see how close I came to screwing it up.

Really an amazing shot. Even in real-time I was shocked.

Is there something weird about depth perception of the tether "markers"? Watching the video again I had the same experience as I had in-game, where I was sure the guy who was actually nearest the door was in the back hallway. That's why I went around to the left doorway. I don't think the markers vary in size depending on how far away the target is, so maybe the near guy was on top of something and it made him look further away?

This is super-weird; I just watched the video a few times to see if I could understand what you are seeing.

The close guy looks close to me before Cheapley gets near the room; it's hard to find a screenshot that explains what I'm seeing, but maybe this?

[image]

You can see the tether lines for the two captured players; one clearly goes back, towards the hallway, the other one is nearly perpendicular to the original shot. It's clear (in my mind, at least) that the dude is right inside the door. I'm having trouble seeing what you're seeing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread