Calling all Crackheads...I mean Crackpots (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 11:03 (1737 days ago) @ Pyromancy

"I miss the days of speculation and crackpot theories"

Off Topic: Hey ManK, Have you given any more thought to starting that dedicated Destiny 2 (or 3?) Speculation and Crackpot theories thread? What would you title a thread of people throwing around a bunch of Crackpot theories? Compendium of Crackpots? A Consortium? Coalition of Crackpot theorists?

Wow, good memory!

And it's nothing something I have to start, especially since most things I post are either nonsense or crackpot considering I'm usually not "informed" or "pay attention" to "details."

But let's go off the rails on Shadowkeep. The obvious discussion is "What are those mysterious floating figures?" Here are some answers to consider. Since the moon is harvesting the Nightmares of enemies we've slain, they could be...

• When you kill Fallen and you see their "soul" leave their body, that's where they go. The hive have found a way to harvest souls and they put them in that giant red furnace stack to power their operation.

• They are the souls of innocent humans killed during the Red War and will help us fight the bad guys.

• They are the original souls of our guardians pre-revival.

• When we receive the blessing of light, it purges the darkness from our Guardian. That darkness is harnessed in a vault on the moon. That's why the Hive were originally drilling there, they were looking for our dark souls. Now we've unleashed them and will have to fight them or embrace them. Like that episode of Rick and Morty where Rick removed his evil side. This also happened to Stewie in Family Guy.

I guess, my main point is, I think they are the souls of someone/something that have been contained and suddenly released.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread