Cheapest way to get up to date on a second platform. (Destiny)

by FyreWulff, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 07:29 (1706 days ago) @ cheapLEY

With cross save coming soon, I'm looking to get up to date on Playstation. I only have Destiny 2 with Curse of Osiris and Warmind.

What's the cheapest/easiest way to get Forsaken and the Annual Pass along with Shadowkeep? I assume Shadowkeep doesn't come with any previous content like they eventually did with CoO/Warmind for Forsaken?

It depends on how you want to do it.

There's two strategies:

- Buy all the content on every platform you plan to play on. More expensive, but lets you play everything everywhere. The upside is you never have to plan anything, you just log in and go.

- Buy the content on one platform, and use crosssave to take the gear with you on the other ones. Basically, what you'd do is grab your powerfuls and whatever DLC-key-requiring stuff on the primary platform, then you're free for the rest of the week to jump wherever, since you can equip anything in your possession on any platform. You'd then wait for sales for the expansion content on the other platforms (likely to happen in the run-up to Black Friday, Steam Winter Sale, etc) to expand your choices of where to earn gear.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread