Fixing The Recluse: (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 19, 2019, 20:42 (1710 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've been meaning to talk about this for a minute, but sort of forgot and never found a place to fit it in. A thread talking about Pinnacle weapons seems like a good enough place.

So, let's all admit, The Recluse is broken. It might actually be the most overpowered weapon we've ever seen in Destiny. It's top 3. It's killing power is ridiculous.

And, look, it's a blast. But it's also really screwing with loadout diversity. It's so good that not much else is even worth using, if efficiency is your goal. If you go into Gambit and you're not using The Recluse to kill mobs for motes, you're basically asking to lose. It's my go-to weapon when I know I need to kill as quickly as possible. Nothing else even comes close.

As a way to "fix" The Recluse, I would propose a very simple change, one that I think would keep the gun worthy of being a Pinnacle weapon, while also toning down it's absolute potential to reasonable levels:

Make it so The Recluse cannot be used to proc Master of Arms, so that you can't use the weapon itself to charge its buff and keep insane kill chains going. As a tradeoff, I would increase it's duration from 5 seconds up to say 7 or 8 seconds, which is enough time to get a decent string of kills.

It would still be an extremely powerful weapon in short bursts, but it would require you to be able to get kills with another weapon to get its buff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread