The new COD Modern Warfare has crossplay (Off-Topic)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 14:51 (1703 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Modern Warfare will have true crossplay between Xbox One, PS4 and PC, no strings attached.

Yup. That's going to be fun for the console players. Remember the disaster that was Shadowrun when it came to balancing PC vs console crossplay?

I can't tell if this statement from the article is about how CoD is going to do crossplay, or if it's just saying that crossplay, in general, is good and Fortnite handled it well.

Fortnite-style “input matchmaking” will help avoid PC players stomping everyone, as is a common concern. You match with other players with your style of input, controller or M+K, and only go “out of your league” if you’re partied with a PC friend on console, which will get you into mainly PC games

This is definitely the way console games should handle crossplay, though. And I don't know if it works this way on Fortnite, but I hope that if the game supports console M+K, that you're automatically moved to the M+K pool.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread