Might be down one for 8 ET blind raid tonight... (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 08, 2019, 10:28 (1660 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm ok with my run on the 18th not being blind if that's what the folks signing up want. My problem last couple of seasons was that it tooks so long to do it blind that I missed out on runs that were completing it. I never even finished CoS.

I like blind, but the power level handicap is my problem. I like figuring out the mechanics, not just trying to stay alive. I think if we all were at or above level, we would have knocked out a lot more of the raid Saturday and still had a good time doing it blind.

I don't mind being a little under-leveled because it does add a layer to the puzzle--what role can I play without dying? That's what happened for the third room Saturday--it took a bit for me to figure out what was most effective and safe. Part of our issue last night was we switched up, and there were several runs where I wasn't sure who was doing what. I never got a feel for the hallways and where the second minotaur would spawn or how to kill him consistently and not die (maybe I should have gone to conflux first?). The focus of most of the conversation wasn't on adjusting our strategy with the confluxes (I guess because it had worked when Korny was in that role, so I take some responsibility). With more time I think we could have made adjustments and even with Korny's snarky comments in our ear.

I like running blind. I care more about that than the jacket. I'd prefer to finish this weekend but realize some can't make it and some can't commit. If we found six willing to try it blind, though, I'd be up for that. I'd also be up for waiting until next week.

Kerm

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread