About most of you getting Destiny for PS4 (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 17, 2013, 17:00 (3904 days ago)

Don't you guys feel like changing your mind? You, know, for me?

:-P

About most of you getting Destiny for PS4

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 17:27 (3904 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm getting it for the One, just for you ZackDark!

(Okay, not really just for you)

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 20:18 (3904 days ago) @ ZackDark

Wow, why does stuff like this happen? I've seen something similar in other regions (Australia seems to have a bad rap for this too), but never with this kind of disparity.

by andeeeh, Australia, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 21:24 (3904 days ago) @ kanbo

This makes us Australians' complaints pale in comparison. Surely when it's that bad people would order them online and get them shipped?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 17, 2013, 22:18 (3904 days ago) @ andeeeh

This makes us Australians' complaints pale in comparison. Surely when it's that bad people would order them online and get them shipped?

That would still make it cost almost as much, if not more expensive. Civilian shipping rates (as in not ordered by companies) to Brazil alone are already kind of insane. Adding up the exorbitant rates Custom charges you for imported electronics...

Now, to put things in perspective, a PC with a similar setup to a PS4 would cost even more than that here, so it's still kind of 'within expected'. The One, however, is a lot cheaper than expected. Probably due to the fact that MS is now treating us as one of its mass markets. We might even get The Power of the Cloud(tm).

by andeeeh, Australia, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 22:32 (3904 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yikes, sorry to hear it. I'll probably be on the One too.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, October 18, 2013, 00:13 (3904 days ago) @ ZackDark

Relative to my bank account's standards, the PS4 will cost about the same for me. And that's why I'm putting it off for a few years.

Unless I strike oil. Me and the groundhog next door have been stabbing holes in the yard to little avail so far though.

by petetheduck, Friday, October 18, 2013, 09:04 (3903 days ago) @ Leviathan

Relative to my bank account's standards, the PS4 will cost about the same for me. And that's why I'm putting it off for a few years.

Unless I strike oil. Me and the groundhog next door have been stabbing holes in the yard to little avail so far though.

We can play on the 360 together, it's ok

360 or bust.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:16 (3903 days ago) @ petetheduck

I know everyone's hot for new hardware, but for the sake of the community, set aside enough pennies to get a copy of Destiny for the 360.

~6,000 pennies

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:27 (3903 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

That, or the option that no one ever seems to mention...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 18, 2013, 12:03 (3903 days ago) @ Kermit

You know, Make new friends?

;)

It's not like you can't still be friends with the old crew too.

I know everyone is worried about it, but I'm not. Let the pieces fall where they may.

Old adventures will come to a close as new ones begin :)

Y'all are so dramatic.

That, or the option that no one ever seems to mention...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, October 21, 2013, 06:42 (3901 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You're just trying to stop me from breaking into your house again. Gotta say, this will not work.

360 or bust.

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Saturday, October 19, 2013, 21:59 (3902 days ago) @ Kermit

Naw. I'll be hanging with the new PS extended family. The "old" community will thrive. Time to embrace the newbies on a new platform. Yes, there will be touching. Over the cloak mainly.

-Hedge.

360 or bust.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, October 20, 2013, 00:21 (3902 days ago) @ Hedge

I haven't ruled out a PS4. I might get a PS3 on Black Friday.

On the other hand, I don't have time to play the games I have.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:00 (3903 days ago) @ ZackDark

For the record, don't know where I'm going. My choice of first pick for next gen is solely based on Destiny and what, if any, perks each platform gets.

by Hyokin, New York, Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 12:37 (3899 days ago) @ ZackDark

I have considered grabbing an Xbox 360 or PS3 version instead.

I start a new job at Target this Saturday, but I really don't feel like upgrading to PS4/Xbone for at least another year, even if I could come up with the funds. Which version are you getting?

Those are some crazy taxes

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 18:06 (3899 days ago) @ ZackDark

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/10/22/239860325/sony-explains-why-its-playstation-4-costs-1-845-in-brazil

So I have an idea. Fly me to Brazil and I'll deliver a genuine $400 Made in China American PS4 to your house.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread