Iron Banner will get more maps on Thursday. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 17:37 (1651 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Bungie said that Iron Banner is currently just the new maps as a sort of showcase. More maps will be added on Thursday.

I’m actually sort of disappointed for some reason (even though I complained about getting Widow’s Court four times in a row). I think it’d be neat to give every Iron Banner a different feel by using different maps.

I’m on the opposite side. I played 12 matches on Widows Court last night. At this point, if I never see Widow’s Court or Twilight Gap ever again, it’ll be too soon. IMO, this is a mistake that Bungie makes quite frequently with Destiny; they’ll add something cool (new maps... yaaaaaay!) and immediately find a way to grind them into the ground with overexposure or needless repetition.

Now, had I known in advance that more maps would have been added to the rotation, I wouldn’t have spent all that time in IB when I did. But there was no such communication from Bungie (that I’m aware of), and I had some time overnight while I was on baby duty, so I figured I’d dig in and get the IB quest out of the way (I really like the Titan armour, so I wanted to get that at least).

No big loss, obviously. And I’m glad more maps will be added this week... might jump in and do the quest with my Warlock too. It would just be nice to have stuff like this communicated in the future, if Bungie is going to try stuff like this with limited-time events.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread