Not Forgotten (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:36 (1646 days ago)

I didn’t think I’d ever get there, but last night it happened. No Korny, not that. This:

[image]

It’s been quite a roller coaster over the past few weeks, from moments of triumph to full-blown conspiracy theories about matchmaking not wanting to let me win (I really do have a theory about that, but I won’t get into it here), and everything in between.

After stalling out at ~4200 points for the past 10 days (by which I mean clawing my way up to 4600, then losing 8-10 games in a row, repeat), I turned a corner a couple days ago and got a bit of a win streak going. One of these wins happened to a degree because of me and one of my teammates clicking well with complimentary playstyles. So I messaged him and asked if he wanted to team up. He turned out to be a super nice guy, and after some hesitation, we jumped into the team Survival playlist together. We won that game, and then my teammate said “oh I have a buddy online”. A few minutes later, we went back in as a 3-stack and proceeded to win our next 11 games straight. I was 1 win away from hitting Legend, but we lost a 4-3 nailbiter against a very good team. We grouped back up last night for a couple more quick games, and won both which brought me to 5500.

I’m so happy to finally have Not Forgotten. It may be a shadow of its former self, but it’s still very good in crucible, and it’s my favourite looking gun in the game.

Next up: Unbroken ;)

Aside from wanting to shout from the rooftops about hitting Legend, I also thought it might be fun to share some comp tips and pointers. I’ll reply to this thread with a few pointers later today. If anyone else has any tips they’d like to share, please do :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread