Speaking of limited availability (?) (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 09:31 (1639 days ago)

Confession time: I bought the collector's edition for Shadowkeep (no surprise, I don't think I've missed a Bungie special edition since Halo 2).

I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's worth what it cost. This is not a review--I've given it only a cursory inspection, honestly. I've not even retrieved the secret note. I was relieved that it did not contain a statue, because I don't really need one. What it does have is solid, and I mean that literally. There's lots of metal. I don't think there is anything plastic. The crytoglyph has real heft. I'm sure you could kill a thrall with it.

The metal box that contains most of the other goodies is also solid, and really feels like something you'd find in the lunar lander. Secured with twine tied in a bow, it really feels like you've found an artifact when you're opening it. I won't detail all the contents, but at first glance, the journal approaches Halsey's journal quality, which is high praise.

Anyway, I'm glad I got it. The items feel less like replicas of stuff in-universe, and more like the real thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread