The Outer Worlds (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 19:25 (1615 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I hear ya.

I can already sort of imagine an Outer Worlds 2 with a bigger scope. Seems like the natural direction to go in a sequel.

There are a lot of "budget" thins about the game. There's only a handful of weapons, and once you level up enough, they all get recycled as Mk. II versions with higher damage numbers. There aren't a whole lot of armor options, and none of them look particularly good.

I like the art style, but it (along with a lot of other stuff about the game) does feel like it's intentionally the opposite of Fallout.

I am enjoying it for what it is, which is a competently made Bethesda-style RPG. If Fallout 4 had actually be good, maybe this wouldn't land quite as well. As it stands, though, it's been long enough since I've had a good one of these that I can forgive most of it's faults, and sort of appreciate it's "budget" aspects. After Fallout 4, I don't have much faith that Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield are going to be any good, so I'm definitely looking to Obsidian to pick up that mantle now.

I definitely think there's room for this IP and universe to grow. The premise is interesting enough, I think.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread