Request (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 21, 2013, 11:51 (3839 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Understood.

I'll make Tilt optional and try to get you on a team of four from now on. That should help.

This a bit indulgent, but here's why I, who is consistently one of the worst players on co-op night, like these skulls:

They only harden enemies instead of radically altering gameplay in some other way. It brings back a little of the fear and excitement I've always gotten when I first played new Halo games.

I realize that there's a tension here. I love the social aspect of co-op night--getting to know people, catching up with friends, but I also like it to be difficult enough so that there are sections at least where we're forced to really concentrate on the game, discuss approaches, and get tactical, Marines, as the man once said! I mean, that's the experience we don't get playing solo, right?

One of the best times I've ever had on co-op night was going for Deja Vu after our mongeese were destroyed and finally getting the checkpoint after failing to get it many, many times. And with the iron skull on we didn't have the option of having one guy hang back to provide safe respawn points. I bet all of us were thinking it might be impossible, but we made it, and it was exhilarating!

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread